What NFA Items Can I Buy From Minnesota Class 3 License Dealers?
The ATF has several types of NFA guns and devices that can be legally owned when you jump through the hoops. Minnesota allows ownership of the following legally acquired NFA devices:
- Machine guns. While no newly-made, privately-owned machine guns have been registered since 1986, there are a lot of existing ones out there – but not all of them are legal to own in Minnesota. State law only allows ownership of machine guns that are also classified as Curio & Relic items on the NFA list.
- Short Barrel Rifles. Short barrel rifles (or SBRs) are great personal defense items, and they’re perfectly legal in Minnesota. See your Minnesota Class 3 Dealer for the best deals on the best SBRs.
- Short Barrel Shotguns. Short barrel shotguns (or SBSs) are another Minnesota-specifically regulated NFA item. Like machine guns, state law only allows ownership of SBSs that are also classified as Curio & Relic items on the NFA list.
- Any Other Weapon. Any Other Weapon (or AOW) is a term that covers things with bores over half an inch that never had a stock attached to them in the first place, as well as a few other odd items along those lines. Guns like the Black Aces Tactical Pro Series S and the Mossberg Shockwave are classic examples. What’s really cool is that AOWs transfer at your Minnesota Class 3 Dealer for just $5 instead of $200 like all other NFA items!
- Destructive Devices. Destructive Devices (or DDs) cover everything that isn’t a machine gun, SBR, SBS, or AOW. That means the really, really neat stuff, like taking that old Sherman tank and making the main gun on it live again. Or maybe you really want to play with a grenade launcher or mortar. If you can afford it, talk to your Minnesota Class 3 Dealer.
Getting a Minnesota Gun Trust
You’ll most likely want to get a Minnesota NFA gun trust set up to make buying the NFA item (and eventual estate planning) easier. Most dealers will either be able to provide you with a pretty generic sort of Minnesota NFA gun trust at the time of purchase, or can refer you to a good attorney or law firm to get one. Just ask your dealer if you aren’t sure.
Class 3 Firearms For Sale in Minnesota
Buying your NFA item from a Minnesota Class 3 Dealer is really easy! Of course, you’ll have to do some basic research first and let your fingers do the walking before you head out to make your purchase. Depending on what you want, some dealers may not have it on hand, or you may need to special order what you want. That’s completely normal, so don’t sweat it. Some Minnesota Class 3 Dealers are also manufacturers, so it’s possible that what you want can simply be made to order, which is a great way to get a very specific NFA device.
Whether you’re transferring an NFA item from a private party or out of state, or buying an existing or custom built NFA item, finding the right dealer can be tricky.
Check around for the quality of service and transfer fees that suit you best. Again, let your fingers do the walking. For in stock or custom built items, you probably won’t have to pay any sort of FFL fee. If you are transferring an NFA item, expect to pay a fee to the FFL for their time and trouble. This varies from dealer to dealer, so shop around.
Usually, if they are ordering an NFA item like a silencer from a manufacturer for you, there aren’t any extra fees, as they are able to mark their wholesale cost up to give a fair profit that covers the cost of doing business.
Expect to wait once you buy your NFA item. The ATF takes a very long time to process NFA applications – sometimes up to a year. Look on the bright side: it gives you more time to get ammo – and with the ammo market the way it is right now, that’s definitely a good thing.
One thing to note: there is no such thing as a “class 3 weapons permit” because you don’t need a permit to buy a gun from a Minnesota class 3 license holder.
How to Get a Class 3 License in Minnesota
Who wouldn’t like to be able to make and sell NFA items like silencers and SBRs? Do you want to get a Minnesota Class 3 License? Keep reading and find out how to do it in just a few easy steps.
Would you like to:
- Buy NFA and non NFA guns at wholesale prices for your collection while still running a legitimate business?
- Earn a good part or full time income selling silencers and other NFA devices in the middle of a rapidly growing market?
- Protect your gun collection from future gun bans or even confiscation orders?
- Build your own NFA devices?
- Operate a Minnesota Class 3 dealer business from your own home?
Then FFL123 has just what you are looking for!
We have helped over a hundred thousand Americans get FFLs and many thousands to get their own Class 3 business going.
We offer the most comprehensive online FFL guide for FFLs and SOTs anywhere – we guarantee it! Get your FFL with our guide or get a 150% refund!
If you are ready to take the next step and learn how to become a Minnesota Class 3 dealer, we’re here to help. Our special value pack of guides will get you your Minnesota FFL and the SOT you need to start selling NFA items!